Iowa's environment is in the hands of every community, business, organization, farmer and citizen. Many innovative Iowans are leading the way in the protection and enhancement of our natural resources. Their actions deserve the highest recognition.
Governor Branstad and the State of Iowa invite you to apply for the Iowa Environmental Excellence Awards, designed to recognize leadership and innovation in managing our state's natural resources.
Be Recognized for Your Work in Caring for Iowa's Environment
The Governor's Environmental Excellence Awards are the premier environmental honors in Iowa. Result-oriented, sustainable strategies can take many forms, including:
- Creating new technologies or processes that improve the environment or reduce reliance on natural resources
- Reducing waste generation
- Developing energy efficiency or renewable energy technology
- Creating natural resource protection and enhancement projects, such as watershed protection
- Establishing educational or prevention programs that result in environmental improvements
- Creating programs or processes that balance economics with the environment
The 2013 Environmental Excellence Awards application period has begun! New this year: to reduce paper waste and increase convenience for both applicants and judges, we are encouraging applications to be submitted electronically via email. Complete details are available in the Application Instructions Packet.
2013 Application Instructions Packet
2013 Application Cover Sheet: PDF or Word
Applications must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, April 12, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Awards will be announced and presented summer 2013.
Follow the links below for more information about the awards:
These awards are coordinated by the Governor's Office, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, the Iowa Partnership for Economic Progress, the Iowa Department of Education, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and the Iowa Waste Reduction Center.