Official State of Iowa Website Here is how you know

Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators

Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators (NWCO) are licensed by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. The Iowa Department of Natural Resources suggests that if you have a nuisance wildlife problem with your home, business or property; contact the NWCO nearest you. NWCO's are a private business, and are not an agent or employee of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

Any person interested in becoming a Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator (NWCO) can review the NWCO Manual/Guidebook to determine if he or she qualifies, based upon practical wildlife trapping experience or related education, training or coursework.

COVID-19 Exposure and Wildlife Handling Guidance

List of Currently licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators

NWCO Applications:

  1. Print a copy of the application form:
    NWCO New Applicants, Form # 542-8060
    NWCO New Applicants, Form # 542-8060

    NWCO Renewal Applicants, Form # 542-8061
    NWCO Renewal Applicants, Form # 542-8061
  2. Provide the completed form to the state conservation officer in the county you reside
  3. Do not submit the $25.00 fee at this time.

Nuisance Wildlife Control Operators, Resources:

Landowner Registration

Are you a landowner wishing to hunt on your own land? Enroll in Iowa’s land owner/tenant registration for hunting licenses.

Landowner Registration

Wildlife Damage Management

Are you a private landowner seeking guidance on how to effectively deal with wildlife damage? Click through for resources to help minimize wildlife damages to crops and property.

DNR Wildlife Damage Management

Additional animal control websites: