- If you have an emergency, please telephone 9-1-1 or contact the emergency office nearest you. Please do not use social media platforms to report an emergency or issues regarding immediate attention. Time-sensitive and law enforcement issues can also be reported to your local DNR conservation officer or Turn In Poachers at iowadnr.gov/tip or 1-800-532-2020.
- Our social media communities are moderated and all comments are reviewed. Please note that the DNR is unable to respond to inquiries via social media outside of regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- The content of social media forums, including your comments, photos and videos, may be subject to the Iowa Public Records Act and may be retained as public record.
- The appearance of external links, advertisements, third-party activity, retweets and shares, and follows on and via DNR social media sites do not constitute official endorsement by or the opinions of the DNR.
- Solicitations/advertisements are not allowed and will be removed from DNR social media sites.
Iowa DNR content and comments containing any of the following forms of information should not be allowed for posting on Iowa DNR social media sites:
Content or comments of this nature found on DNR social media sites may be removed from those sites. Users that repeatedly violate these policies may be blocked from the site.
- Comments not topically related to the particular content being commented upon;
- Profane language or content;
- Use of harassing language or tone;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Obscene sexual content or links to obscene sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
that attempt to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity, including poaching;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
- Promotion or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition; and
- Disclosure of information which an agency and its employees are required to keep confidential by law or regulation.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Additional policy regarding social media can be found in the State of Iowa’s social media use policies at: www.iowa.gov/policies/social-media-policies.