Around the House (Grades 4-6) Children search through each room in a house to find household hazardous materials (HHMs) and learn why they can be hazardous. Provides visual and audio clues to help find the HHMs.
Learn to Make Safe Choices Around HHMs (Grades 7-9) Provides a short introduction to HHMs, how they can enter our bodies and HHM signal words. Take the quiz to see what was learned. Jump to each section individually or sequentially.
HHMs in Your Home (High School-Adult) Looks through a typical house to find common HHMs. Provides a detailed explanation of hazards associated with common household items, proper disposal and green alternatives.
Computer Game Download Instructions
- Click on “PC Download” or "MAC Download"
- Choose “Save File”and click "Ok"
- Find where the file has been saved – right click on the folder and choose “Extract All”
- Select a file destination and click “Extract”
- Open the game folder
- Double click on “PC_RUN_ME.exe” or "MAC_RUN_ME" file to play the game
If you would like a CD copy of computer games, contact Kathleen Hennings at 515-229-6692 or Kathleen.Hennings@dnr.iowa.gov.