DNR events have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Safety of our users, attendees, partners and staff is most important. When possible, events will be rescheduled and that information will be distributed accordingly. Please check this site frequently for the latest closures, postponements and updates.
UST Licensing and Certification Program

The Underground Storage Tank (UST) Licensing and Certification Programs can be found in Chapter 567--134.18(455B) of the Iowa Administrative Code (see below). These rules require UST professionals to be licensed by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and ensures compliance with the technical requirements for UST systems.

UST-licensed professionals include installers, installation inspectors, compliance inspectors, removers, testers (product lines, tanks and vapor recovery systems) and liners. Individuals who work with cathodic protection systems must be certified by NACE or STI and maintain that certification as well as maintain licensing requirements with the DNR. UST Professionals must be certified by the DNR’s UST Section in order to install new underground storage tank systems or to install technical upgrade existing regulated UST systems in Iowa.

The DNR updated the Iowa Administrative Code for an increase in liability coverage for UST Professionals from $250K to $1M.

+ How Do I Become Licensed?
+ Renewal
+ Reciprocity
+ Licensed UST Professionals Lists
+ Applications and Guides
+ Other Resources