Scientific Collector, Educational and Wildlife Rehabilitator Permits
Educational project, scientific collector, wildlife rehabilitators, salvage permits
Application information for fur dealers, game breeders and taxidermists:
For further information, please contact the DNR Customer Service Center at (515) 281-5918.
Any person, firm, partnership, or corporation engaged in the business of buying, bartering, trading or otherwise obtaining raw hides or skins of fur-bearing animals.
- Fur Dealer License Application | (Form #542-0133)
- Report of Raw Furs Purchased | (Form #542-0333)
A person who possesses, raises, and sells game birds, game animals and fur-bearing animals whose original stock is obtained from a lawful source. This does not include any species that are defined as endangered or threatened under state law. It does not include exotic birds or animals.
- Game Breeder License Application | (Form #542-1386)
A license for the practice of taxidermy of game, fish, or fur-bearing animals that have been lawfully taken.
- Nonresident Taxidermy License Application | (Form #542-0146)
- Purchase taxidermy license online