Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Clinton Bald Eagle Watch, January 7
This event, now in its 33nd year, is coordinated with Pam Steinhaus, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Contributing partners include US Army Corps of Engineers, Clinton CCB, numerous conservation organizations, and the Iowa DNR.
• Outdoor viewing: Lock & Dam 13 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Live Bird and Nature Programs: Clinton Community College, 9:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Exhibits: Clinton Community College from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Free bus service from college to the outdoor viewing area.
• For more information call 815-259-3628
*Quad Cities Bald Eagle Days, January 6-8
QCCA Expo Center, 2621 4th Avenue, Rock Island, Ill. The concentration of exhibitors and wildlife artists makes this event one of the largest bald eagle events in the nation. Lots of family activities.
Hours: 4 – 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday
· Live Eagle & Bird of Prey Programs by The World Bird Sanctuary
· Special Attractions
· Wildlife Art Show & Sale, and Environmental Fair
· For more information contact the Mississippi River Visitor Center 309-794-5338 or Arlynn Hartwig 309-788-2543
Mississippi River Visitor Center, Arsenal Island, Saturdays & Sundays, Jan. 7 - Feb. 4
Arsenal Island, Rock Island, Ill.
Combination Eagle Watch and Historic Clock Tower Tours
Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
• Reservations are recommended as group size is limited.
• For more information contact Visitors Center Staff at 309-794-5338
LeClaire Eagle Day, January 15
Enjoy Wings & Things! Join us for a bald eagle photo and video presentation by local wildlife photographer Burt Gearhart at 2pm at the LeClaire Civic Center, 127 S. Cody Road in LeClaire. Burt will give an all-ages slide and video presentation and lecture that will reveal many interesting discoveries about Bald Eagles and their everyday lives in Iowa. See eagles diving for fish, eating while flying, flying with icicles on their toes and much more. Learn to distinguish between immature and mature eagles, what they eat, and why they winter in the area. Attendees will learn about this incredible wildlife opportunity to view and photograph the annual winter gathering of Bald Eagles along the Mississippi River north and south of LeClaire. At the conclusion of the presentation, attendees may join Burt at Lock & Dam 14 to view and photograph the Eagles of LeClaire. Burt’s prints that celebrate Bald Eagles, the Mississippi River, and the historic beauty of LeClaire will also be on display. This program is FREE and open to the public. Contact email@example.com for more information.
*Dubuque Bald Eagle Watch, January 21
Environmental-themed exhibitors - a classic event at the Grand River Center right on the Mississippi River.
• Outdoor viewing south of Lock and Dam 11 at A.Y. McDonald Park from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Live Eagle & Bird of Prey Programs by The World Bird Sanctuary at 9:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. & 3 p.m.
• Indoor Exhibits from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Grand River Center - Port of Dubuque
• Trolley rides from Grand River Center to outdoor viewing area
• For more information call: 563-556-4372 or 563-582-0881
*Keokuk Bald Eagle Days, January 21-22
Hone to the Midwest’s largest concentration of bald eagles and world class environmental exhibitors. Native drum and dance continue a legacy of honor for our national symbol.
• Indoor programs and Environmental Fair at the River City Mall, Keokuk
• Live Eagle Programs Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Outdoor viewing along the riverfront
• For more information call 1-800-383-1219
Muscatine Bald Eagle Watch, January 28
Watch eagles fish at the open water provided at Dam 16.
• Outdoor viewing from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Pearl City Station and Lock & Dam 16
• Live Eagle programs at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. at the Pearl City Station in Riverside Park
• Environmental exhibits inside the Pearl City Station
• For more information call the Muscatine Ranger office at 563-263-7913
Coralville Bald Eagle Watch, February 4
Join the Iowa City Bird Club with Karen Disbrow. This event has found a great venue for exhibitors at North Central Junior High.
• Outdoor viewing at Tailwater West Picnic Shelter downstream from the dam at Coralville Lake
• Indoor programs 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at North Central Junior High, 180 Forevergreen Road, in North Liberty
• For more information call 319-338-3543 ext. 6308 or 319-430-0315
Des Moines Bald Eagle Days, February 10-11
On February 10, the Iowa DNR will be hosting a Lunch with Eagles at Grays Lake, 2100 Fleur Drive in Des Moines. There will be outdoor viewing and a replica eagle nest from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
On February 11, The Des Moines Parks and Rec will host an outdoor viewing with an indoor live eagle at Fellowship Baptist Church, 1503 SE Sixth Street, in Des Moines. Ty Smedes, Urbandale author and photographer, will give a slide presentation at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Saving Our Avian Resources (SOAR) will be present at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. with a live ambassador bald eagle and a guest ambassador. SOAR will also be discussing the current hazards that bald eagles face in today’s environment and the steps taken when eagles are brought into wildlife rehabilitation. All ages are welcome.
• February 11, an outdoor eagle viewing, replica nest, live eagle indoors 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., at the Sixth Street Bridge, Fellowship Baptist Church 1503 SE Sixth Street, Des Moines
• There will be children’s activities and the event is free and open to the public.
• For more information call 515-248 6369.
Guttenberg Eagle Watch & Cabin Fever Day
Saturday, Feb 11
Marina Visitor Center, 715 S River Park Dr. Ice carving transformed into a bald eagle. Learn more about area wildlife with a presentation featuring live raptors. Other exhibits on wildlife will be on display.
Outdoor viewing from 11AM Lock & Dam 10, spotting scopes along Guttenberg's river walk
Have a great chili recipe? Submit it to our Chili Cook-Off or judge the submitted chilies for yourself
Kids'; activities will be available.
For more information call 563.252.2323 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effigy Mounds Bald Eagle Watch, February 24-25
Hoffman Hall exhibit area is extensive, packed with great exhibitors and exceptional live bird presentations.
• February 24, 7 p.m., free birding programs at Country Inn & Suites and the AmericInn, Prairie DuChien
• Outdoor viewing at Prairie DuChien Visitors Center on the River
• For more information call 563-873-3491 or 608-326-8555 ext, 11
• Indoor Program at Hoffman Hall, 1600 S Wacouta Avenue, Prairie Du Chien
Saylorville Bald Eagle Watch, February 26
Driving tour of Saylorville Lake with eagles at every stop. Special live eagle program at Jester Park Lodge
• Outdoor viewing at selected sites around reservoir, start at Visitors Center 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• For more information call 515-276-4656
O’Brien County Bald Eagle Watch, March 4
The event will be held at the Prairie Heritage Center that features an elevated viewing deck.
• Prairie Heritage Center, 4931 Yellow Avenue, Peterson
• At 2 p.m., Christina Roelofs from Saving Our Avian Resources will be bringing a live bald eagle to the event. Bring your camera and take advantage of this amazing opportunity to see a majestic bald eagle from an arm’s length. Roelofs will talk about the bird’s special adaptations and give other information about their current population status.
• For more information call Charlene Elyea at 712-295-7200.