Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 1 p.m., on August 11, at in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, in Des Moines.
Commissioners will meet at 3 p.m. on August 10 for a tour of the DNR state fair building, then again at 7:30 a.m. on August 11, for a state fair kickoff, and a tour of Runnels Marsh and Swan Refuge. The meeting and both tours is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
The following is the agenda for the August 11 meeting.·
- Consent Agenda*
- Contact with Trees Forever, Inc.
- Contract Amendment–1 with E Resources Group
- Chapter 18 Lease, Triboji Beach, Dickinson County – Wandling
- Management Agreement, Smith Wildlife Management Area (WMA) – Pottawattamie County Conservation Board
- Approve Minutes of July 14 Meeting
- Director’s Remarks
- *Contract with Trees Forever, Inc.
- Chapter 71, Nursery Stock Sale to the Public – Final Rule
- *Contract Amendment-1 with E Resources Group
- Public Land Acquisition Projects
- Turin Preserve WMA, Monona County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
- Yellow River State Forest, Allamakee County – INHF
- Bloody Run WMA, Clayton County – INHF
- Waubonsie State Park, Fremont County – INHF
- Sand Creek WMA, Decatur County – Helen Nichols Estate
- Public Land Management Projects
- *Chapter 18 Lease, Triboji Beach, Dickinson County – Wandling
- Chapter 18 Lease, Spirit Lake, Dickinson County – Tallgrass Apartments
- Easement Conveyance, Dickinson County Recreational Trail – City of Spirit Lake
- *Management Agreement, Smith WMA – Pottawattamie County Conservation Board
- Small Construction Projects
- Construction Project – Road, Parking and Canoe Access at Trout Run Park – Winneshiek County
- Chapter 61, State Parks, Recreation Areas and State Forest Camping – Final Rule
- Contract with Active Network, LLC
- Division Administrator Comments
- General Discussion
- The Blue Ribbon Panel on Sustaining America’s Diverse Fish and Wildlife Resources
- NRC Annual Report
- Next Meeting, Sept. 8, Lake Darling State Park, Brighton
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc