The State Preserves Advisory Board of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 10 a.m., July 7, at the Decorah City Hall, 400 Claiborne Drive, in Decorah. Prior to the business meeting, field trips are scheduled for 1 p.m. on July 6 at the Crossman and Hayden Prairie state preserves (start at Crossman Prairie) and 8 a.m. on July 7 at the Decorah Ice Cave State Preserve.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the State Preserves Advisory Board are Wayne Phipps, Loren Christensen, Kirk Larsen and Leesa McNeil. The Deputy Director of the DNR is Bruce Trautman.
The following is the July 7 agenda.
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes of April Meeting
- Decorah Ice Cave – discussion of the tour prior to the business meeting
- Retz Woods – request from the Nature Conservancy to enter into agreement for management and transfer of Retz Woods State Preserve to the Clayton County Conservation Board
- Hardin City Woodland – possible alternate canoe launch proposal
- Heendah Hills - status of the proposal to dedicate Heendah Hills as a state preserve
- Research funding outcome
- Decorah Fossil Site – presentation by staff of the Iowa Geological Survey; an optional field trip is scheduled for after the business meeting
- General Discussion
A more detailed agenda is available on the Iowa DNR’s website at www.iowadnr.gov/spab