DES MOINES – Two contracts and three proposals for rulemaking are up for the Environmental Protection Commission’s July 21 meeting.
The meeting will be held by video conference at 10:30 a.m. To join by video, connect with https://meet.google.com/rqw-nksu-aak. To join by phone, call 216-505-9946, and enter the conference code of 208540651 followed by the pound (#) sign. The meeting is open to the public. There is no scheduled public participation. Written comments may be submitted up to one day before the meeting to Jerah Sheets at Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov or to DNR, 502 E. Ninth St., Des Moines, IA 50319.
Commissioners will be asked to approve three proposals to begin rulemaking on water quality topics. Two would renew national pollution discharge elimination system (NPDES) general permits. The third proposal includes revisions to water quality standards.
Two contracts are up for approval. One is designed to reduce sediment and nutrient pollution entering Lake Rathbun. The other is to collect filters and data used in monitoring air quality.
The complete agenda follows:
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of the Minutes
- Monthly Reports
- Director’s Remarks
- Contract with Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (Protect Rathbun Lake Project)
- Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 64: “Wastewater Construction and Operation Permits,” to include Mining and Processing Facility Discharges
- Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 64: “Wastewater Construction and Operation Permits,” to include Pesticide Discharges
- Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 61 – Water Quality Standards (Section 401 Water Quality Certification)
- Contract with Sherry Carrick
- General Discussion
- Items for Next Month’s Meeting
- 18 at 10:30 a.m. – EPC Business Meeting – TBD
- 14 – EPC Educational Tour – TBD
- 15 at 10:30 a.m. – EPC Business Meeting – TBD
Find the complete agenda at https://www.iowadnr.gov/About-DNR/Boards-Commissions.
Commissioners include: Ralph Lents, Menlo, chair; Harold Hommes, Windsor Heights, vice chair; Bob Sinclair, Sigourney, Secretary; Stephanie Dykshorn, Ireton; Amy Echard, Farmersburg; Lisa Gochenour, Logan; Rebecca Guinn, Bettendorf; and Howard Hill, Cambridge. Kayla Lyon is the DNR director.
Any person attending the public meeting who has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.