Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Current Fishing Report
Taking Kids Fishing
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., February 9, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the February 9 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Contract with Rognes Brothers Excavating, Inc – IHAP
· Contract with Iowa State University Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
· Approve Minutes of Jan. 18 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Interim Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Brushy Creek Trails Advisory Board Appointments
· Chapter 35, Fish Habitat Promotion for County Conservation Board Grant Recommendations
· Chapter 23, Wildlife Habitat Promotion with Local Entities Program Grant Recommendations
· * Contract with Rognes Brothers Excavating, Inc – Iowa Habitat and Access Program (IHAP)
· * Contract with Iowa State University Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
· Contract with Clay County Conservation Board
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Center Lake Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Dickinson County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· Heritage Hills WMA, Madison County – INHF
· Coldwater Creek WMA, Winneshiek County – INHF
· Waterman Creek WMA, O’Brien County – INHF
· Fox River WMA, Van Buren County – Nolan
· Palisades-Kepler State Park, Linn County – Ribbie Family
· Oxford Junction WMA, Jones County – Matt McQuillen
· Stephens State Forest, Monroe County – Cedar Street Investments, LLC
· Small Construction Projects
· Engineering Professional Services Contract with KCL Engineering – Multi-Project Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Design Services
· Construction Projects
· Brown’s Slough WMA, Dike Repair – Lucas County
· Backbone State Park, Shower Building Renovation – Delaware County
· Chapter 21, Agricultural Lease Program – Final Rule
· ALJ Proposed Decision Review (DIA No. 16DNR004) – Okoboji Boat Works, Dock Permit #30-0618-4
· General Discussion
· Next Meeting, March 9, in Des Moines
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc