The Butch Olofson Shooting Range offers pistol, rifle, shotgun and archery opportunities. Additionally, a classroom is open to hunting and firearm education activities and a variety of audiences.
We welcome shooters of all skill levels to hone their shooting skills at the four ranges.
Amenities and Ranges
- 50-person classroom and registration office
- Indoor restrooms
- Shotgun Range with basic throwers, trap and skeet
- Rifle/handgun range with 12 bays at 30 yards, 11 bays at 50 yards and 11 bays at 100 yards (including two prone bays)
- Archery Range
- Archery 3-D Range
- 5 stand range (open seasonally)
Along with providing a place for shooters of all skill levels to practice with their bows and firearms, the range will be host to numerous special events throughout the year, such as high school archery and trap shooting matches.
Safety and Rules
Pay attention to the posted firearm shooting safety rules throughout the property while visiting Olofson Range. Please remember:
- All shooters must register in the range office.
- Ear and eye protection are required at all times on gun ranges.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed downrange.
- When the range is cold, firearms must be unloaded with the action locked open. Target shooters may only go downrange at this time to put up or take down targets.
- Children are welcome under adult supervision.
- No smoking allowed.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Any violation of range rules will result in prompt expulsion.
Safety is the top priority at Olofson and we need your help to keep everyone safe.