Developed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and hosted by independent shooting facilities, the program provides participants with a comprehensive introduction to shooting by qualified range operators and instructors that includes firearm safety, local ownership requirements, shooting fundamentals, hands-on instruction and how and where to continue. Designed for those brand new to shooting and firearms ownership. First Shots makes getting started in shooting very easy -- and, best of all, it's free.
At a First Shots seminar, you'll receive:
• An educational introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
• A clear understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
• Individual and group training
• A rundown of shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
• A chance to give shooting a try!
Participants must be at least 21 to attend alone or at least 14 with parent/gaurdian's direct supervision. This course does not qualify participants for permit to carry.