The State Preserves Advisory Board of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 10 a.m., Dec. 15, in the second floor conference room in the DNR Water Supply office, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public. Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
Members of the State Preserves Advisory Board are Wayne Phipps, Leesa McNeil, Kirk Larsen and Barbara Schroeder. The deputy director of the DNR is Bruce Trautman.
The following is the December 15 agenda.
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes of July Meeting
- Heendah Hills dedication – discussion of decision by Governor's Office to decline dedication as a state preserve
- Ames High Prairie culvert project – discussion of options to replace washed out culvert
- Wittrock Village State Preserve update on adjacent land acquisition
- Turkey River Mounds State Preserve update on adjacent land acquisition
- Gitchie Manitou State Preserve update of prairie management and vandalism
- White Pine Hollow State Preserve management plan
- Fort Atkinson State Preserve telecommunications tower evaluation
- Research summary – presentation of Board-funded research and management projects
- Meeting schedule for 2017
- General Discussion
A more detailed agenda is available on the Iowa DNR’s website at www.iowadnr.gov/spab.