$10 of the purchase price and $15 of the renewal price supports conservation of Iowa's "nongame" wildlife (those creatures not considered sport fish or game). Iowa has more than 1,000 nongame species, with very little dedicated funding sources to support them.
Biologists use natural resources license plate money to:
- Conserve and restore wildlife habitat
- Track threatened and endangered species such as the Rusty-patched Bumblebee, Massassauga rattlesnake and Poweshiek Skipperling
- Educate about diverse birds, mammals, fish, reptiles and amphibians
- Match federal grants to protect and manage wildlife populations and their habitats such as:
- Grassland and forest songbirds
- Rare amphibians and reptiles
- Pollinators such as butterflies and bees
- Freshwater mussels and many more.
Learn more about our Wildlife Diversity Program.