Anglers can settle the age-old debate on what the best fish in Iowa is this spring with the Fish Bowl, a new DNR contest on Facebook – and be in the running to win a prize package of fishing lures valued at $100.
Beginning May 21 at 5 p.m., two fish representing each region of the state will face off to determine which fish will be Fish Bowl Champion. To vote for a fish, go to the DNR’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/iowadnr
and comment on the Fish Bowl posts with your fish of choice. Be sure to “like” the DNR’s page while you’re there to see future Fish Bowl posts.
The playoff schedule is as follows:
· May 21: southwest regional, bluegill vs. crappie
· May 23: northeast regional, trout vs. pike
· May 27: southeast regional, flathead catfish vs. largemouth bass
· May 29: northwest regional, walleye vs. smallmouth bass
· June 2: western semifinal
· June 5: eastern semifinal
· June 9: Fish Bowl Final
· June 10: Fish Bowl champion announced
When the Fish Bowl champion is announced June 10 on Facebook, the post will also include a link to the DNR’s website, where fans can register to win a prize package of fishing lures valued at $100.
A full bracket will be updated on the DNR’s website at: www.iowadnr.gov/fishbowl
, along with contest rules and other information.
For more pictures of fish in the running, visit the DNR on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/iowadnr
and check the “Iowa Fishing” board. Updates will also be posted on Twitter at www.twitter.com/iowadnr