Contracts for renewed assistance from the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship with pollution reduction programs from nonpoint sources will be decided at the June 18 Environmental Protection Commission meeting.
Other contract decisions will be made on air quality program contracts with Polk and Linn counties, fish tissue laboratory analysis with the University of Iowa, and archeology and architectural history surveys.
The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. in the DNR Air Quality Building at 7900 Hickman Road, Windsor Heights. An 8 a.m. special presentation will be offered to new commissioners and the interested public by the Iowa DNR Air Quality Bureau. The National Ambient Air Quality Standards, Iowa’s monitoring network, Iowa’s specific air quality issues, air permitting programs, and how the bureau is organized and funded will be explained.
The complete agenda follows:
· Approval of Agenda
· Approval of Minutes
· Director’s Remarks
· Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund – FY 2014 Intended Use Plans
· Amendment of Agreement with Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship for Clean Water SRF Nonpoint Source Loan Program Administration
· Master Contracts for Archeology and/or Architectural History Surveys – State Revolving Fund
· Contract with IDALS-DSC for Nonpoint Source Program Administrative Staffing Assistance
· Contract Amendment with IDALS Division of Soil Conservation for Basin Coordinator Staffing Assistance
· Contract – ISU GIS Facility – General GIS Services
· Contract Amendments – Utility Management Organization Grants for Wastewater Services to Small and Unsewered Communities
· Solid Waste Alternatives Program – Contract Recommendations
· University of Northern Iowa, Iowa Waste Reduction Center – Iowa Waste Exchange Program technical assistance, database management and training
· Region XII Council of Governments - Grant Awardee for delivery of the Iowa Waste Exchange program
· Contract with the University of Iowa - State Hygienic Laboratory for Laboratory Services and Corrective Action Planning and Meeting Facilitation Services for the Underground Storage Tank Program
· 2014 Contract with Linn County Public Health - Execution of Iowa Air Pollution Control Implementation Plan in Linn County
· 2014 Contract with Polk County Board of Supervisors - Execution of Iowa Air Pollution Control Implementation Plan in Polk County
· Contract with the University of Iowa for Ambient Stream Biological Monitoring and Laboratory Services
· Contract with the University of Iowa for Fish Tissue Analysis Laboratory Services
· Amended Notice of Intended Action - IAC 567 - Chapter 135; “Technical Standards and Corrective Action Requirements for Owners and Operators of Underground Storage Tanks”
· Contract Tier 2 Software
· Proposed contested case decision ― Herum Excavating, LLC.
· Monthly Reports
· General Discussion
o July & September Educational Tours & Business Meetings
· Items for Next Month’s Meeting
o July 15, 2013 – EPC Educational Tour, Monona County
o July 16, 2013 – EPC Business Meeting, Monona County
o Aug. 20, 2013 – EPC Business Meeting, Windsor Heights
Find more information on the EPC agenda items at
The members of the commission are Mary Boote, Des Moines, Chair; Nancy Couser, Nevada, Secretary; Cindy Greiman, Garner; Brent Rastetter, Ames; Max Smith, Knoxville, Vice-Chair; Joanne Stockdale, Lake Park; Robert Sinclair, Williamsburg; and Eugene VerSteeg, Inwood. The director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
For more information, contact Jerah Sheets at 515-313-8909 or Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov.