DES MOINES – The state Environmental Protection Commission will decide on contracts and grant awards at its Feb. 19 teleconference meeting.
The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. and is open to the public by phone. To access the meeting, call 1-866-685-1580 and then follow the prompts, entering the conference code of 4510673319.
Those who would like to speak during public participation at 10:10 a.m. should register by Feb. 18 at 5 p.m. Call Jerah Sheets at 515-313-8909 or email Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov
Commissioners will be asked to approve two water quality improvement project contracts with the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship - Division of Soil Conservation:
- Yellow River Headwaters in Winneshiek County, and
- Badger Creek Lake in Madison County.
The EPC will also be asked to amend a contract adding geocoding data for five central Iowa counties. If approved, more accurate addresses based on emergency 911 addresses will be available to geographic information system (GIS) users.
The complete agenda follows:
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Director’s Remarks
- Public Participation
- Contracts with Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship - Division of Soil Conservation for Watershed Projects
- Contract Amendment – Iowa State University GIS Facility - professional GIS services to gather geocoding data for five counties in the central region of Iowa
- Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 33: Air Quality Program Rules – New Options for Plant Wide Applicability Limits for Greenhouse Gases
- Solid Waste Environmental Management System Program’s Grant Award Criteria
- General Discussion
- Items for Next Month’s Meeting
- March 19 – EPC Meeting – Windsor Heights
- April 16 – EPC Meeting – Windsor Heights
Find more information on the EPC agenda items at www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions.aspx