Aspects and Impacts of Developing an Environmental Management System
Pollution Prevention Services is hosting a one-day workshop, Environmental Management Systems (EMS) In Depth: A’s & I’s and Rating their Significance, June 25, 2014, at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ankeny.
The workshop is designed to provide value for:
• Those without an EMS who are considering developing one to more proactively manage environmental issues;
• Those in the process of developing an EMS; and
• Those who would like a refresher on development of Aspects and Impacts (As and Is).
This workshop will go beyond lectures to include interactive group activities for practical application of lessons. It will also provide a great networking opportunity to talk with other environmental professionals.
Through the course of the workshop, participants will:
• Learn more than one way to identify As and Is;
• Participate in an A and I identification activity;
• Learn more than one way to rate significant As and Is;
• Receive resources and tools to assist in identification and rating of As and Is; and
• Network with other environmental professionals working with EMS.
Leading the workshop will be Cory Sander of Sander Environmental Group, LLC. Sander has extensive experience developing, implementing, and maintaining ISO 14001 and other environmental management systems for numerous organizations, including Honda, Ford, BNSF Railway, the City of Columbus, and Iowa DNR.
The registration fee for this one-day workshop is $60 per person. This fee helps us bring in a highly experienced EMS professional to lead the training. A previous two-day EMS workshop benefitted from a one-time EPA grant that allowed us to offer the training at a greatly reduced rate. Participants in this EMS In Depth workshop will leave with materials, tools and resources to aid them in identifying and evaluating aspects and impacts for their own facility.
For more information about this workshop, contact Jeff Fiagle at 515-281-5353 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jennifer Reutzel Vaughan at 515-281-8878 or at email@example.com. A workshop flyer, registration form, agenda and presenter bio are at www.iowap2services.com. Directions to the workshop are: Take Ankeny Exit off Interstate 35. The motel is located at 2405 SE Creekview Drive.
This list serve article is intended for consultants, industries, environmental groups, general public, and other entities regulated under the Clean Air Act. It was written by the DNR Air Quality Bureau to share regulatory news, program updates and technical guidance.