Natural Resource Commission to Meet January 23 in Des Moines
DES MOINES – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet 8:30 a.m., Jan. 23, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
The following is the agenda for the January meeting.
- Approve Agenda
- *Consent Agenda
- Contract with Pheasants Forever
- Big Creek State Park, Polk County - Knapp
- Approve Minutes of Dec. 12 Meeting
- Director Remarks
- *Contract with Pheasants Forever
- Cooperative Agreement with Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship
- Construction – Lake Icaria Riprap
- Public Land Acquisition Projects
- Preparation Canyon Unit, Loess Hills State Forest, Monona County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
- Preparation Canyon Unit, Loess Hills State Forest, Monona County –INHF
- West Okoboji Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Dickinson County – INHF
- Buffalo Creek WMA, Delaware County - Zumbach
- *Big Creek State Park, Polk County - Knapp
- Construction – Odessa WMA Headquarters Building
- Construction – Coon Creek WMA Stream Bank Stabilization
- Department of Transportation Parks and Institutional Roads Program Five Year Plan
- Engineering Professional Services Contract – Lake Keomah State Park Roadway Reconstruction and Resurfacing Project
- Construction – Small Projects
- Rulemaking Petition: Restricting deer donated to HUSH to be taken with nontoxic ammunition or archery equipment
- Division Administrator Comments
- General Discussion
- Upcoming NRC Dates
- Feb. 13, Wallace Building, Des Moines
For a complete agenda: