2014 Bald Eagle Watch Events
Clinton Bald Eagle Watch
Jan. 4, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Outdoor viewing: Lock and Dam 13
- Live Bird and Nature Programs: Clinton Community College, 9:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Exhibits: Clinton Community College from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Free bus service from college to the outdoor viewing area.
- For more information call 815-259-3628
Mississippi River Visitor Center, Arsenal Island, Rock Island, Ill.
Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 11– Feb. 15, 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Combination Eagle Watch and Historic Clock Tower Tours
- Reservations are recommended as group size is limited.
- For more information contact Visitor’s Center Staff at 309-794-5338
*Quad Cities Bald Eagle Days
Jan. 11-12, 4 – 8 p.m., Friday (school day), 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday
QCCA Expo Center, 2621 4th Avenue, Rock Island, Ill.
- Live Eagle and Bird of Prey Programs by The World Bird Sanctuary
- Special Attractions
- Wildlife Art Show and Sale and Environmental Fair
- For more information contact the Mississippi River Visitor Center 309-794-5338 or Arlynn Hartwig 309-788-2543
Ottumwa Bald Eagle Watch
Jan. 11, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bridge View Center on the Des Moines River
- For more information contact 641- 684-4303
*Dubuque Bald Eagle Watch
- Outdoor viewing south of Lock and Dam 11, A.Y. McDonald Park 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Live Eagle and Bird of Prey Programs by The World Bird Sanctuary at 9:30 a.m., 12:30 and 3 p.m.
- Indoor Exhibits from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Grand River Center - Port of Dubuque
- Trolley rides from Grand River Center to outdoor viewing area
- For more information call 563-556-4372 or 563-582-0881
*Keokuk Bald Eagle Days
- Indoor programs and Environmental Fair at the River City Mall, Keokuk
- Live Eagle Programs Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Outdoor viewing along the river front
- For more information call 1-800-383-1219
Coralville Bald Eagle Watch
- Outdoor viewing at Tailwater West Picnic Shelter downstream from the dam at Coralville Lake
- Indoor programs 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at North Central Junior High, 180 Forevergreen Road, North Liberty
- For more information call 319-338-3543 ext. 6308
Grays Lake Des Moines Bald Eagle Watch
Des Moines Parks and Rec will be hosting a Valentine’s Day Bald Eagle Watch at the eagle nest at Grays Lake on Fleur Drive in Des Moines on Feb. 14, and viewing with indoor live eagle at 6th St. on Feb. 15.
- Outdoor viewing and replica nest 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Grays Lake, Friday
- Outdoor viewing, replica nest, live eagle indoors 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. 6th bridge, Saturday
- For more information call 515-283-4294
Effigy Mounds Bald Eagle Watch
- Outdoor viewing at Prairie DuChien Visitor’s Center on the River
- For more information call 563-873-3491
Saylorville Bald Eagle Watch
Feb. 23, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Outdoor viewing at selected sites around reservoir, start at Visitor’s Center
- For more information call 515-276-4656
O’Brien County Bald Eagle Watch
March 1, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Prairie Heritage Center, 4931 Yellow Ave., Peterson
- There will be spotting scopes and binoculars available.
- Ty Smedes will be presenting his book “The Return of Iowa’s Bald Eagle” at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- For more information call Charlene Elyea 712-295-7200
American Legion Building, 200 Main Street, Sioux Rapids
- Registration from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
- Speakers from 10 a.m. to Noon
- Refreshments will be served in the morning. There will be a free will offering lunch at 12:15 p.m.
- Outdoor viewing at selected sites.
- Can pre-register by contacting Wonders of Nature
- For more information call: 712-296-4920 or 712-295-7200