Take Your First Shots at Banner Shooting Range
Starting in May, Banner Shooting Range and the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will be offering FREE, introductory shooting seminars designed for those BRAND NEW to firearms ownership and the shooting sports!
Developed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and hosted by independent shooting facilities, First Shots provides participants with a comprehensive introduction to shooting by qualified range operators and instructors that includes firearm safety, local ownership requirements, shooting fundamentals, hands-on instruction and how and where to continue.
First Shots makes getting started in shooting very easy -- and, best of all, it's free.
At a First Shots seminar, you'll receive:
- An educational introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
- A clear understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
- Individual and group training
- A rundown of shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
- A chance to give shooting a try!
Participants must be at least 21 to attend alone or at least 14 with parent/guardian’s direct supervision. This course does not qualify participants for a permit to carry weapons.
Pre-Registration is required and space is limited – dates, times and pre-registration information are available at: