INDIANOLA - Banner Shooting Range will be offering an introductory shooting class beginning May 22.
Developed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and hosted by independent shooting facilities, the First Shots program provides participants with a comprehensive introduction to shooting by qualified range operators and instructors that includes firearm safety, local ownership requirements, shooting fundamentals, hands-on instruction and how and where to continue.
The program is designed for those who are brand new to shooting and firearms ownership. First Shots makes getting started in shooting very easy -- and, best of all, it's free.
At a First Shots seminar, participants will receive:
- An educational introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
- A clear understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
- Individual and group training
- A rundown of shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
- A chance to give shooting a try
Participants must be at least 18 to attend alone (21 for handgun sessions) or at least 14 with parent/guardian’s direct supervision. This course does not qualify participants for permit to carry.
Below is a list of current, scheduled events with each date emphasizing either handguns, rifles or shotguns. All classes are on Tuesdays from 5 to 8 p.m.
May 22 – Handgun
June 5 – Rifle
June 19 – Shotgun
July 3 – Handgun