The State Preserves Advisory Board of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 1:30 p.m., April 29, in the Terry Trueblood Recreation Area lodge, 579 McCollister Boulevard, in Iowa City.
The preserves board will begin with a field tour of Ryerson’s Woods, meeting at the entrance to the park at 10 a.m. The field tour and meeting is open to the public.
Members of the State Preserves Advisory Board are Lynn Alex, Inger Lamb, Wayne Phipps, Thomas Putnam, Kirk Larsen and Leesa McNeil. The Deputy Director of the DNR is Bruce Trautman.
The following is the April 29 agenda.
• Approve Agenda
• Approve Minutes of January Meeting
• Ryerson’s Woods – Decision on Dedicating the Area
• Gitchie Manitou State Preserve – Update on the Preserve and Blood Run State Park
• Wittrock Village – Wildlife Staff Help with Brush Control
• Proposal Selections for Fiscal Year 2015 – Discuss Various Proposals and Complete Final Scoring
• General Discussion
• Next Meeting
A more detailed agenda is available on the Iowa DNR’s website http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions/StatePreservesAdvisoryBoard.aspx.
For more information, contact John Pearson at 515-281-3891.