DES MOINES — Take time this March to fill out another kind of bracket. Join the DNR’s Park Madness on Facebook, and be in the running to win a free weekend of camping.
Beginning March 19, two state parks from each region of the state will face off to determine which park will be Park Madness Champion. To vote for a park, go to the DNR’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/iowadnr
and comment on the Park Madness posts with your park of choice. Be sure to “like” the DNR’s page while you’re there to see future Park Madness posts.
The tournament schedule is as follows:
- March 19: northeast regional, Backbone vs. Pikes Peak
- March 21: southeast regional, Lake Ahquabi vs. Lacey-Keosauqua
- March 26: southwest regional, Waubonsie vs. Viking Lake
- March 28: northwest regional, Gull Point vs. Ledges
- April 1: eastern semifinal
- April 3: western semifinal
- April 7: Park Madness Final
- April 8: Park Madness champion announced
When the Park Madness champion is announced April 8 on Facebook, the post will also include a link where fans can register to win two free nights of camping at the “champion” park.
A full bracket is available and will be updated on the DNR’s website at:
For more pictures of parks in the running, visit the DNR on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/iowadnr
and check the “Iowa State Parks” board.