Take time this March to fill out another kind of bracket and support your local state park. Join the DNR’s Park Madness on Facebook, and be in the running to win a free weekend of camping and two Iowa camping t-shirts.
Beginning March 20, two state parks from each region of the state will face off to determine which park will be Park Madness Champion. To vote for a park, go to the DNR’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/iowadnr and comment on the Park Madness posts with your park of choice. Be sure to “like” the DNR’s page while you’re there to see future Park Madness posts.
The tournament schedule is as follows:
· March 20: northeast regional, Maquoketa Caves vs. Pine Lake
· March 24: southeast regional, Lake Wapello vs. Walnut Woods
· March 26: southwest regional, Lake of Three Fires vs. Green Valley
· March 30: northwest regional, Brushy Creek vs. Lewis and Clark
· April 2: eastern semifinal
· April 3: western semifinal
· April 7: Park Madness Final
· April 8: Park Madness champion announced
The DNR will announce the Park Madness champion April 8 on Facebook. To enter to win the prize package, comment on the April 8 Park Madness post. One winner will be chosen at random from those that comment on the post to win two free nights of camping at the “champion” park and two Iowa camping shirts.
A full bracket is available and will be updated on the DNR’s website at: www.iowadnr.gov/ParkMadness
For more pictures of parks in the running, visit the DNR on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/iowadnr and check the “Iowa State Parks” board.
For more information contact Jessie Brown, DNR, at 515-281-5131 or Jessie.Brown@dnr.iowa.gov