Snow grooming equipment is purchased through the Department's Snowmobile Cost-share Program. This equipment is granted to clubs for use in developing and maintaining snowmobile trail systems in Iowa. These are the steps to becoming a certified groomer operator:
- Apply to the program and authorize a driver's license check. Form 542-0384
- Attend a new groomer operator training.
- Complete a mentorship with a certified groomer. Form 542-0380
- Return training checklist to program to complete certification process.
- Certification card is issued by program.
Groomers must attend a workshop once every three years (effective 7/7/2010) to maintain their status as certified. This training will focus on a greater understanding of trail development, equipment upkeep, and any changes or enhancements to the program which have taken place. The recertification date is included on the card issued to the operator from the program.
There is no fee for the initial certification training or the recertification training.
None scheduled at this time.
For more information, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANYONE OPERATING SNOW GROOMING EQUIPMENT MUST POSSESS A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE ISSUED BY THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AND A CERTIFIED GROOMER OPERATOR CARD ISSUED BY THE IOWA DNR.