NEW PET POLICY FOR CABINS/YURTS:
Some cabins are now designated as pet-free cabins. All other cabins/yurts will be pet-friendly but only dogs or assistive animals will be allowed. No more than 2 dogs are allowed at each pet-friendly cabin/yurt. Animals may not be left unattended unless they have been placed in a crate/kennel inside the facility.
Many families enjoy the camping experience offered through the variety of cabins at several Iowa state parks. Ranging from yurts at McIntosh State Park near Clear Lake to a two-story modern family cabin at Backbone State Park, we offer numerous lodging options to meet your needs.
Reservations can be made online at http://iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com or by calling the call center at 1-877-427-2757 during the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday. The call center is closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Cabin and Yurt General Use Rules
Cabin and Yurt cleaning procedures
Reservations are accepted for a minimum of two nights or one week, but for no more than two weeks during the summer season. The minimum stay requirements are based on the type of cabin reserved.
- The week begins and ends on Friday. Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 11 a.m.
- Fees for cabin or yurt rental may change. The fees are effective December 2012.
- Transaction fees for reservations will apply.
- Reservations can be made up to 12 months in advance.
- Any reservation changes must be made at least 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- Reservations will be handled online at http://iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com or by calling the call center at 1-877-427-2757 during the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday. The call center is closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- A nonrefundable reservation fee will be charged for each reservation made, regardless of the length of stay. Example: A person reserves 2 cabins each for one week, a reservation fee is charged for each cabin reserved.
- Reservations made using the call center will have a reservation fee of $6 per reservation fee per transaction.
- Reservations made using the internet will have a reservation fee of $4 per reservation per transaction.
- The entire cabin rental fee plus tax is due at the time a reservation is made.
- Master Card, Visa and/or Discover, most debit cards (backed by Master Card or Visa), checks and money orders are acceptable forms of payment. If paying by check or money order, persons must use the call center to make reservations.
- All camping fees, rental fees and reservation transaction fees are due at the time the reservation is made.
- Reservations can be made as far as 12 months in advance.
- The latest a person can reserve a cabin or yurt is 4 days prior to the arrival date during the peak rental season (May 1 to September 30). The latest a person can reserve a cabin or yurt during the off season (October 1 to April 30) is 14 days.
- The last day a person can change a cabin reservation is 15 days prior to arrival. A $5 change fee applies.
Internet and Call Center Hours: (Central Standard Time)
Internet - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Call Center -- 7:00 am - 7:00 pm (CST) Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday -- Closed on New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
From the week before Memorial Day through Labor Day, reservations for modern family cabins must be for a minimum of one week and can be for no more than two weeks. Minimum stay requirements are based on the type of cabin reserved.
The rental week begins and ends on Friday. Check-in time is 4 PM and checkout time is 11 AM.
After the Labor Day week and prior to the Monday before the National Memorial Holiday weekend, two-night cabin reservations may be made in advance.
The "camping cabins" at Dolliver, Wilson Island, Green Valley, Lake Darling, and Pleasant Creek and the yurts at McIntosh Woods are available for a two-day minimum reservation throughout the rental season.
The multifamily cabin at Springbrook State Park (Sherburne House) may be reserved for a minimum of 2 nights throughout the entire rental season with the following exceptions:
A Friday, Saturday and Sunday night stay is required for the national Memorial Day holiday and national Labor Day holiday weekends.
A Thursday, Friday and Saturday night stay is required for the Fourth of July holiday if the Fourth of July occurs on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday
A Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night stay is required for the Fourth of July holiday if the Fourth of July occurs on a Monday.
Damage Deposit Payments
- Upon arrival for the cabin or yurt rental period, a damage deposit in the amount equal to the the daily cabin rental rate or $50, whichever is higher, shall be paid in full. The damage deposit shall be paid by use of a separate financial instrument (e.g. check, money order, cash) from the rental fee.
- Damage deposits will be refunded only after inspection by authorized personnel to ensure the facility and furnishings are in satisfactory condition.
- If it is necessary for Department personnel to clean up the facility or repair any damage beyond ordinary wear and tear, a log of the time spent in such cleanup or repair shall be kept. The damage deposit refund will be reduced by an amount equivalent to the applicable hourly wage of the employees for the time necessary to clean the area or repair the damage and the cost of any furnishings.
- The deposit is not to be construed as a limit of liability for damage to state property. The Department may take legal action necessary to recover additional damage.
- Cancellations that occur up to 30 days prior to the reservation start date -- an applicable refund will be given for any reason. For cancellations received 30 days or more prior to arrival, a cancellation fee, $5.00 online and $7.00 call center, will be assessed and no rental fees will be forfeited to the DNR. The cancellation fee will be deducted from the rental fees paid and the remaining rental fees will be refunded to the renter.
- Cancellations that occur 15-29 days prior to the reservation start date -- an applicable refund will be given for any reason. For cancellations received 15-29 days prior to arrival, a cancellation fee will be assessed and the customer will forfeit one night's rental fee for the cabin/yurt reserved. All remaining fees shall be refunded to the customer.
- Cancellations that occur less than 15 days prior to the reservation start, up to arrival date -- an applicable refund will be given for any reason. For cancellations received less than 15 days prior to arrival up to the actual arrival date, a cancellation fee will be assessed and the customer will forfeit 2 nights rental fees for the cabin/yurt reserved. If the customer rented the cabin/yurt for two nights only, the DNR will not attempt to collect the cancellation fee.
- Cancellations occurring after the reservation start date without arriving at the park("no shows") -- Renters who make no attempt to cancel their reservation via the call center and fail to arrive for their reservation, will forfeit their right to receive a partial or full refund unless extenuating circumstances are substantiated through documentation and subsequently approved by DNR.