The DNR requested the public’s help in identifying a slogan to let Iowans know what volunteering with the DNR is all about. “Ready to Lend a Hand” embodies Iowans' willingness to pitch in and have fun.
Each year, Iowans generously provide thousands of hours giving their time and talents to improve Iowa’s natural resources. We have opportunities for all Iowans, regardless of their abilities, age, or time constraints. Are you willing to Lend a Hand?
Who can volunteer?
- Individuals who have a passion for the outdoors and the environment
- Families that would like to have a memorable experience together
- Team members looking to make a positive impact outside of their normal work duties
- Service organizations and clubs that want to make a difference
What can you do?
- Volunteer in an office to complete mailings or answer phones at a state park
- Teach youth about your passions such as hunting and fishing
- Plant a prairie or test water quality in your area
;When can I do it?
- One time opportunities:
- Clean up at a state park
- Participate in a prairie burn
- Ongoing opportunities:
- Become a campground host for a season
- Teach hunter safety
Volunteer and Lend a Hand