The Administrative Procedures Act, Iowa Code chapter 17A, requires all state agencies to promulgate rules for the operation of their programs. The rulemaking process increases agencies’ accountability to the public, allows public participation in the formulation of rules, and provides legislative oversight for program operations.
Below are the recent rulemaking activities that are being considered, have been proposed or are in the process of being adopted by the DNR for the chapters administered by the Solid Waste section and the Financial and Business Assistance section. Many of these proposals are a direct result of the comprehensive five year rule review required by 17A.7(2).
Anticipated Rulemakings (rules that have not yet been presented to the EPC for review):
Title of rulemaking: Landfill Alternatives Financial Assistance
567 IAC 209 Solid Waste Alternatives Program
- Renaming the Chapter to Landfill Alternatives Financial Assistance;
- Reformatting the current Chapter 209, into three distinct parts:
- Rules common to both the Solid Waste Alternatives Program and the Derelict Building Grant Program, including adding definitions relating to the derelict Building Grant Program;
- Rules specific to the Solid Waste Alternatives Program (no changes from existing rule); and
- Adding rules specific to the Derelict Building Grant program.
Status: The Notice of Intended Action has been approved by EPC. The DNR is accepting written comments through October 6, 2015 and will hold a public hearing will be held on October 6th, at 1:00 p.m. in the 4th floor West Conference Room of the Wallace State Office Building.
Written comments may be submitted to:
502 E. Ninth St.
Des Moines, IA 50319-0034
e-mail to Tom.Anderson@dnr.iowa.gov
Links to additional information or documents:
Department of Natural Resources
502 E. 9th Street, Des Moines, IA 50319-0034