State Record Fish
If you believe you have caught an all-time state record fish in Iowa, here are a few guidelines:
- New all-time state record fish will be recognized when the weight of the fish exceeds by one ounce or more the weight of the previous record for that species or recognized hybrid.
- New all-time state record fish must be examined and verified by DNR fisheries personnel.
- A photo of the fish and angler are required.
- One witness must attest to the weight of the fish to the nearest ounce on scales legal for trade.
- All-time records are posted until broken.