Pre-construction requirements for confinement feeding operations with an animal unit capacity from 501 to 999 animal units and that use formed manure storage.
Non-permitted - formed manure storage - A construction permit is not required. However, a Construction Design Statement (CDS) including a manure management plan must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of construction, even if a manure management plan has been filed before. Some construction requirements and design standards must be met. For specific requirements, see the following:
- Design Plans -- Submit one of the following two items: (Click here for more information on signing a construction design statement or using a professional engineer)
- Distance Requirements for Construction
- Fee forms for Non-permitted Sites, Form 542-4021
- Manure Management Plan Form, Form 542-4000
- Additional information available in Appendix A and Appendix B
- Storm Water Plan
- Water Withdrawal Permit - Form 542-3106
- Check the location of proposed structures in the DNR's AFO Siting Atlas to determine if they will be located in alluvial soils or karst terrain. For more information, check Proper Siting Requirements or contact the DNR AFO engineer at 712-262-4177.