Recreation opportunities abound in Iowa State Parks and Recreation Areas. From hiking and camping to bird-watching and bicycling, each park offers outdoor enthusiasts a multitude of diverse and exciting adventures. Rich in history and natural resources, Iowa is a treasure chest of recreational excellence.
The following are designated as recreation areas. Hunting, in accordance with applicable laws, is allowed on these areas and they are usually open for public access 24 hours a day. Beach and camping regulations as well as campground visiting hours still apply in these areas.
- Badger Creek, Madison County
- Brushy Creek, Webster County
- Pleasant Creek, Linn County
- Volga River, Fayette County
- Fairport, Muscatine County (no hunting)
- Mines of Spain, Dubuque County (contact park manager concerning limited hunting seasons)
- Wilson Island, Pottawattamie County