Natural Resource Commission to Meet August 9 in Des Moines
DES MOINES – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet 9:30 a.m., August 9, in the fourth floor conference rooms, Wallace State Office Building, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Gregory Drees, Janelle Rettig, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement and Dr. Sally Prickett. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
The following is the agenda for the August meeting.
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes of July Meeting
- Director Remarks
- Honey Creek Resort State Park Update
- Chapter 91, Waterfowl and Coot Hunting Seasons – Late Duck and Canada Goose Season Dates – Final
- Wildlife Habitat Promotion with Local Entities Program Grant Review
- Chapter 56 Shooting Range Grant Program Final
- Contract with Iowa State University for Evaluation of Storm Lake Dredging for Water Quality Improvement
- Land Acquisition Projects
- Cedar River, Black Hawk County – BMC Aggregates L.C./DNR Exchange
- Chain-O-Lakes Wildlife Management Area, Linn County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
- Forney Lake WMA, Fremont County – Golden Trust
- Engineering Construction Projects
- Ledges State Park, Henning Shelter Restroom and Sand Filter
- Kearney State Park, Park Roadway PCC Paving Project
- Dolliver State Park, Romtec Dual Pit Latrine and Split Systems in Cabins
- Engineering Professional Services – Hawkeye WMA Impoundment Rebid Project
- Small Construction Projects
- Division Administrator Remarks
- General Discussion
- Waterfowl Advisory Committee
- Upcoming NRC Dates
For a complete agenda, go to http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions/NaturalResourceCommission.aspx