The Air Quality Bureau - Construction Permit Section has updated its permit template and is taking comments on the proposed revisions. The permit template is used by the construction permit staff to have consistent standard language and formatting in construction permits.
The summary of the proposed changes include:
· Updated language and dates based on recent rule revisions.
· Added rule citations to existing language clarify reason for the requirement.
· Removed the condition titled “Disposal of Contaminants” (old Condition 7).
· Added language to Condition 8 concerning the transferring of equipment to a new owner.
· Added a new condition on permit appeal rights (new Condition 9).
· Added the pollutants PM2.5 and CO2e to the tables in Conditions 10 and 12.
· Amended the 1st table in Condition 12 to clarify the stack test requirements.
· Moved the permit modification history from the cover page to the end of the permit.
· Updated the list of “terms and acronyms.”
A copy of the revised draft permit template is available for review by clicking here or by visiting our website at www.iowacleanair.gov, clicking on the Stakeholder Involvement, Public Input, and Construction and Operating Permits. A representative from the Construction Permit Section will be available at the August 22, 2013 Air Quality Client Contact Meeting to discuss the changes and accept comments. Additionally, please send any comments on the proposed permit template to Sarah Piziali at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2013.
This list serve article is intended for consultants, industries, environmental groups, general public, and other entities regulated under the Clean Air Act. It was written by the DNR Air Quality Bureau to share regulatory news, program updates and technical guidance.