The purpose of the Tier 1 assessment is to use limited site data and conservative assumptions to determine whether a site poses an unreasonable risk to public health, safety or the environment. The first form below is known as the Tier 1 report. The Tier 1 Report is followed by a guidance document. This guidance in combination with the Tier 1 software* is used to help with completion of a Tier 1 evaluation and to fill out the Tier 1 report form.
Tier 1 Software Installation Instructions
- Create a new folder on your hard disk and label it "Tier1Install".
- Download the files Tier1exe to the directory. (Save the files to your new folder).
- Locate the files in windows explorer. These files are self-extracting zip files. As a precaution, scan the files for viruses if you have antivirus software.
- Double click on the software file (Tier1.exe). This will open the WinZip® Self-Extractor dialog box. Type the location, where you wish to save the file, in the Unzip to Folder: text box or browse to the location by using the Browse... button.
- Click on the Unzip button and extract the installation files to the directory. Click on the Close button to close the WinZip® Self-Extractor dialog box. There will be thirty-seven files.
- Double click on Setup.exe. This will start up the installation program for Tier 1. After installation the program will be on the C:\ drive in Tier 1.
- Create a shortcut to the desktop for the Tier 1 from this folder.
If you would like a CD copy of Tier 1 software, contact Dawn Santa Maria at 515-281-8865 or Dawn.SantaMaria@dnr.iowa.gov.
Documents & Guidance