Following is an update of the Tier 2 Bedrock Software – version 1.20. Tier 2 Bedrock reports (either original or revised) that are submitted after February 15, 2004 must be completed using software version 1.20. Tier 2 Bedrock reports that are submitted prior to February 15, 2004 may be completed using version 1.0 software.
Effective immediately, all Site Monitoring Reports (SMRs) for bedrock sites should be completed using the Tier 2 Bedrock Software, version 1.20. For bedrock sites, there is no SMR module within the software program. Annual site monitoring data may be input into the version 1.20 file and software rerun to determine pathway classifications. Please indicate in a cover letter whether the report is a Tier 2 or SMR.
All data for the site, including the most recent sampling event should be entered into the analytical data sections of the bedrock model. This is different than standard Tier 2 modeling, in which data is entered into an SMR module.
If the Tier 2 report was completed in an earlier version, the data should still be entered into the new bedrock software. The June 20, 2001 posting titled "Bedrock Software Version 1.0" required original and revised Tier 2 bedrock reports submitted after July 31, 2001 to be completed using the Tier 2 Bedrock Software, Version 1.
Tier 2 Bedrock Version 1.20 Software Installation Instructions
- Create a new directory on your hard disk and label it "T2BInstallv120"
- Download the file tier2bedrockv120exe to the directory. The Software User’s Manual and installation files are contained in this self-extracting zip file.
- In Windows Explorer, double click on the file (tier2bedrockv120exe.exe). This will start WinZip to extract the files. Make sure to select the directory you created in step 1.
- Extract the installation files to the directory. There will be 3 files:
- Double click on setup.exe. This will start up the installation program. Follow the instructions. After installation the program will be shown in the "Start", "Programs" as Tier 2 Bedrock, V1.20.
The 4th file, Tier 2 Bedrock, Software Users Manual, Version 1.20.doc, is a Microsoft Word file containing the software users manual for Tier 2, Bedrock, version 1.20. You may want copy this file to the directory where you installed the software.
Please contact Tammy Vander Bloemen at 515-281-8957 or Tammy.Vander_Bloemen@dnr.iowa.gov if you have questions.