Carbon Pollution Standards for the Power Sector
On June 25, 2013, President Obama issued a Presidential Memorandum directing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to work expeditiously to complete carbon pollution standards for the power sector. The schedule for the standards is:
- Issue a new proposal for newly built power plants by September 20, 2013
- Issue a final rule in a timely fashion after considering all public comments, as appropriate
- Issue a proposal for modified and existing power plants no later than June 1, 2014
- Issue final standards, regulations or guidelines for modified and existing power plants no later than June 1, 2015
- Require States to submit implementation plans to EPA no later than June 30, 2016
For more information, including EPA outreach activities, visit EPA Carbon Pollution Standards or contact Marnie Stein at email@example.com or 515-725-9555.