Iowa communities should register now for a free DNR training session to learn how to better handle source water data using GIS.
The DNR will host three training sessions to help water operators in Iowa communities collect, create and integrate special data using geographic information systems (GIS). This data will enhance attendees’ knowledge of topography, well placement, infrastructure and more.
Training attendees will learn how to:
• Use GIS software
• Make maps of their community
• Find, collect, edit and load data using GIS
They will also receive Quantum GIS software, spatial data and training reference materials.
Register by Jan. 1 for a seat at one of these free trainings:
• Fort Dodge: March 1 at Iowa Central Community College
• Cedar Falls: March 8 at Hawkeye Community College, Cedar Falls Center
• Grinnell: March 15 at Iowa Valley Community College
To register, visit www.iowasourcewater.org. Trainings are limited to 20 attendees each.
For more information, contact Soren Rundquist at Soren.Rundquist@dnr.iowa.gov or 319-335-1574.