The Environmental Protection Commission (EPC) will be asked to approve contracts for funding watershed improvement and solid waste alternatives projects during its Dec. 20 meeting in Windsor Heights. Commissioners will be asked to:
• Approve five contracts with the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship - Division of Soil Conservation for watershed improvement projects and another to continue a water quality education project.
• Approve seven contract recommendations to fund solid waste alternatives or educational programs.
The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. at the DNR Air Quality Conference Room, 7900 Hickman Road. Public participation is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.
The complete agenda for the meeting follows:
• Approval of Agenda
• Approval of Minutes
• Director’s Remarks
• Contract with Salem Consulting for IT Maintenance and Services
• Clean Water and Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund ― Third Quarter Updates to FY 2012 Intended Use Plans
• Solid Waste Alternatives Program ― Contract Recommendations
• Notice of Intended Action ― Chapter 61, Water Quality Standards, Section 401 Certification of Nationwide Permits
• Contracts with IDALS Division of Soil Conservation for Watershed Improvement Projects
• Contract with University of Iowa State Hygienic Laboratory for Environmental Laboratory Certification
• Monthly Reports
• General Discussion
o Commission Annual Report
• Items for Next Month’s Meeting
o Jan. 17 ― Windsor Heights
o Feb. 21 ― Windsor Heights
Find more information on the EPC agenda items at www.iowadnr.gov/epc/index.html.
The members of the commission are: David Petty, Eldora, Chair; Lorna Puntillo, Sioux City, Vice Chair; Mary Boote, Des Moines, Secretary; Dee Bruemmer, Davenport; Nancy Couser, Nevada; John Glenn, Centerville; Dolores Mertz, Algona; Marty Stimson, Cedar Rapids; and Brent Rastetter, Ames. The director of the DNR is Roger Lande.
For more information contact Jerah Sheets at (515) 313-8909 or Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov.