The Environmental Protection Commission will discuss the budget for state fiscal year 2012, several contracts and rule proposals at its regular meeting Nov.15. The meeting begins at 10 a.m. with public participation at 10:30 a.m. in the DNR Air Quality Building, 7900 Hickman Road, Windsor Heights.
A referral to the state attorney general is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The complete agenda follows:
• Approval of Agenda
• Approval of Minutes
• Director’s Remarks
• Budget Summary for FY 2012
• Contract with Iowa Department of Transportation for Electronic Records Management System
• Final Rule - Chapters 22 and 33: Air Quality Program Rules – Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs: Three-Year Deferral of Biogenic CO2 Emissions
• Notice of Termination: Chapter 22, Controlling Pollution, Chapter 30, Fees, and Chapter 33, Special Regulations and Construction Permit Requirements for Major Stationary Sources – PSD of Air Quality
• Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 111: Solid Waste Environmental Management Systems’ Annual Reports
• Contract – IT Database Contract Amendment for Wastewater Permits Application (NPDS)
• Adopted and Filed – Drinking Water and Laboratory Certification Programs – 567 IAC - Chapters 40, 41, 42, 43, and 83
• Amendment #1 to ESD7152CHende100132: Water Use Database Design and Development Contract
• 2012 EPC Dates
• Referrals to the Attorney General
o Kyle Dudden (Grundy County) – Animal Feeding Operations
• Monthly Reports
• General Discussion
o Commission Annual Report
• Items for Next Month’s Meeting
o Dec. 20, 2011 – Windsor Heights
o Proposed Jan. 17, 2012 – Windsor Heights
Find more information on the EPC agenda items at www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions/EnvironmentalProtectionEPC.aspx
The members of the commission are: David Petty, Eldora, Chair; Lorna Puntillo, Sioux City, Vice Chair; Mary Boote, Des Moines, Secretary; Dee Bruemmer, Davenport; Nancy Couser, Nevada; John Glenn, Centerville; Dolores Mertz, Ottosen; Marty Stimson, Cedar Rapids; and Brent Rastetter, Ames. The director of the DNR is Roger Lande.
For more information contact Jerah Sheets at 515- 313-8909 or Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov.