WINDSOR HEIGHTS, Iowa – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC)
and the Environmental Protection Commission (EPC)
of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet for a planning and education session from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on July 13, in the DNR Air Quality Building, 7900 Hickman Road, in Windsor Heights.
Commissioners have an optional session from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., in the same room prior to the meeting. Commissions will meet for dinner at the Governor’s Lounge, 939 Third St., in Des Moines, at 5 p.m.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Gregory Drees, Janelle Rettig, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement and Dr. Sally Prickett.
Members of the EPC are Dolores Mertz, Brent Rastetter, Mary Boote, Lorna Puntillo, David Petty, Nancy Couser, Martin Stimson, John Glenn and Dee Bruemmer.
The Director of the DNR is Roger Lande.
The following is the agenda for the July 13 meeting.
- Role of a Commissioner (Optional Training)
- Introductions / Director Remarks
- 2011 Legislative Summary/ 2012 Legislative Initiatives and Discussion
- Farming on State Owned Property
- Rulemaking Process
- Content Management Website Review
- DNR Strategic Plan and Lean Programs
- Commission Schedule for 2012
- Water Supply: Water use and Allocation Annual Permit Fee (EPC Information)
- Summary of the Day and Follow Up Items