The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet 9 a.m., August 14, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
Commissions may participate in an optional field tour of the DNR’s building at the Iowa State Fair beginning at 6:15 p.m., Aug. 13, at the DNR fair building. The meeting and tour is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
The following is the agenda for the August 14 meeting.
• Approve Agenda
• *Consent Agenda
• Transfer of Jurisdiction – Skunk River – Washington County - IDOT
• Chapter 18 Lease Renewal – Dickinson County – Philip and Brenda Timmons
• Management Agreement – Pammel State Park – Madison County Conservation Board
• Management Agreement – Chariton Archery Club – Lucas County Conservation Board
• Easement Conveyance – Bays Branch Wildlife Management Area – Guthrie County - USDA NRCS
• Approve Minutes of July 10 Meeting
• Director Remarks
• Honey Creek Resort State Park Update
• In the Matter of Monroe Branstad – Decision on Remand (DIA No. 11DNR003)
• Chapter 9, State Migratory Waterfowl, Trout and Habitat Design Contest and Chapter 53, Controlled Hunting Areas Rules Rescission – Notice of Intended Action
• Chapter 91, Waterfowl and Coot Hunting Seasons – Emergency Final Rule
• Chapter 23, Wildlife Habitat Promotion with Local Entities Program Grant Recommendations
• Construction Projects
• Blue Lake Boat Ramp and Parking
• Lake Geode Sediment Basins
• Big Sioux River Bank Stabilization
• Mines of Spain SRA – New Shop Building
• Walnut Woods State Park – Roadway Replacement Project
• Otter Creek Headquarters Building Improvements
• Small Construction Projects
• Land Acquisition Projects
• Turkey River Mounds State Preserve – Clayton County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation
• Land Management Projects
• *Transfer of Jurisdiction – Skunk River – Washington County - IDOT
• *Chapter 18 Lease Renewal – Dickinson County – Phillip and Brenda Timmons
• *Management Agreement – Pammel State Park – Madison County Conservation Board
• *Management Agreement – Chariton Archery Club – Lucas County Conservation Board
• *Easement Conveyance – Bays Branch Wildlife Management Area – Guthrie County – USDA NRCS
• Private Access Through Public Land
• Division Administrator Comments
• General Discussion
• NRC Annual Report
• Upcoming NRC Date
• Sept. 11, Des Moines
For a complete agenda, go to http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions/NaturalResourceCommission.aspx.