Information from August 23 Air Quality Client Contact Meeting
At the meeting several topics referred to additional information available on the Internet. Below are several links to additional information along with the DNR contact.
Please send any comments on the proposed permit template to Sarah Piziali at email@example.com by August 30, 2013.
Draft Construction Permit Templates
The Construction Permit Section has updated its permit template and is taking comments on the proposed revisions. The permit template is used by the construction permit staff to have consistent standard language and formatting in construction permits.
The summary of the proposed changes include:
- Updated language and dates based on recent rule revisions.
- Added rule citations to existing language clarify reason for the requirement.
- Removed the condition titled “Disposal of Contaminants” (old Condition 7).
- Added language to Condition 8 concerning the transferring of equipment to a new owner.
- Added a new condition on permit appeal rights (new Condition 9).
- Added the pollutants PM2.5 and CO2e to the tables in Conditions 10 and 12.
- Amended the 1st table in Condition 12 to clarify the stack test requirements.
- Moved the permit modification history from the cover page to the end of the permit.
- Updated the list of “terms and acronyms.”
A copy of the revised draft permit template is available for review http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/RegulatoryAir/StakeholderInvolvement/PublicInput.aspx or http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/RegulatoryAir/ConstructionPermits/ApplicationForms.aspx.
Federal Climate Change Plan – Upcoming Webinar
You are invited to view an EPA presentation titled “Building a Common Understanding: Clean Air Act and Upcoming Carbon Pollution Guidelines for Existing Power Plants.” This presentation by EPA staff will provide the public with an overview of Clean Air Act provisions for regulating carbon pollution from existing power plants. The presentation and a link to it on EPA’s YouTube Channel will be posted at http://epa.gov/airquality/cps/webinar.html by August 28, 2013.
The DNR has posted greenhouse gas information on our website at http://www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/RegulatoryAir/GreenhouseGasEmissions/GHGNSPS.aspx or http://www.iowadnr.gov/Environment/ClimateChange/PowerPlants.aspx. Please contact Marnie Stein at 515-281-8468 or at Marnie.Stein@dnr.iowa.gov if you have any questions.
Sulfur Dioxide Designations
EPA has completed their initial nonattainment designations for the 1-hour SO2 ambient air quality standard. A portion of Muscatine County is being designated nonattainment. EPA has established a website with additional information at: http://epa.gov/so2designations/regs.html.
This list serve article is intended for consultants, industries, environmental groups, general public, and other entities regulated under the Clean Air Act. It was written by the DNR Air Quality Bureau to share regulatory news, program updates and technical guidance.