The Apr. 16 meeting of the Iowa Environmental Protection Commission will be held at 10 a.m. at the DNR Air Quality Building at 7900 Hickman Road in Windsor Heights.
The EPC will hear recommendations from two stakeholder groups that convened to improve permitting processes. The EPC will also be asked to approve grant recommendations for the Derelict Building Grant Program and the Solid Waste Environmental Management Systems.
The EPC will be asked to approve three contracts for various services, including one for retaining the Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities (IAMU) for Viability Technical Assistance for utilities prioritized as most in need of on-site technical assistance. Training will be provided to water utility operators, city councils and water utility board members.
A public comment period will begin at 10:30 a.m. A DNR special initiative will be announced at 11 a.m.
The complete agenda for the Apr. 16 meeting follows:
· Approval of Agenda
· Approval of Minutes
· Director’s Remarks
· Executive Order 80 Workgroup for Water Use Permitting — Submission of Recommendations
· Iowa DNR 5-Year Rule Review Plan
· Derelict Building Grant Program — Grant Recommendations
· Solid Waste Environmental Management Systems’ Grant Award Recommendations
· Contract Amendment — Archeology Services for the State Revolving Fund Programs — Office of
State Archeologist, University of Iowa
· Contract with Iowa Association of Municipal Utilities for Viability Technical Assistance.
· Contract with University of Iowa for Dam Safety Inspectors
· Notice of Intended Action — Chapter 23: Air Quality Program Rules — Adoption of air toxics
standards for stationary engines (RICE NESHAP)
· Monthly Reports
· General Discussion
· Items for Next Month’s Meeting
o May 20, 2013 — Windsor Heights — New Commissioner Training
o May 21, 2013 — Windsor Heights — EPC Business Meeting
o June 18, 2013 —Windsor Heights
Find more information on the EPC agenda items at www.iowadnr.gov/InsideDNR/BoardsCommissions.aspx.
The members of the commission are David Petty, Eldora, Chair; John Glenn, Centerville, Vice-Chair; Mary Boote, Des Moines, Secretary; Dee Bruemmer, Davenport; Nancy Couser, Nevada; Cindy Greiman, Garner; Brent Rastetter, Ames; Max Smith, Knoxville: and Joanne Stockdale, Okoboji. The director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
For more information, contact Jerah Sheets at 515-313-8909.