Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Current Fishing Report
Taking Kids Fishing
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., on July 14, at in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Conrad Clement, Dr. Sally Prickett, Marcus Branstad and Phyllis Reimer. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
The following is the agenda for the July 14 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Contract with Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (IHAP)
· Contract with Aldo Leopold Foundation, Inc.
· Public Land Management Project – Management Agreement, Dickinson County Trail, Dickinson County Trails Board
· Approve Minutes of June 9 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Contract with the Department of the Army (Rathbun Lake Feasibility Study)
· *Contract with Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation – Baldus Tract (IHAP)
· Chapter 106, Deer Hunting by Residents – Final Rule
· *Contract with Aldo Leopold Foundation, Inc.
· Contract with West, Inc. (Baseline Studies for Habitat Conservation Plan)
· Contract with Iowa State University (Water Trails Master Planning)
· *Public Land Management Project – Management Agreement, Dickinson County Trail, Dickinson County Trails Board
· Small Construction Projects
· Construction Project – Gypsum City OHV Park, Sanitary Sewer – Webster County
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Rice Lake Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Winnebago Conty – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· Gilbertson WMA, Fayette County – INHF
· Sedan Bottoms WMA, Appanoose County - INHF
· Elk Creek Marsh WMA, Worth County – INHF
· Wood Duck Marsh WMA, Winnebago County - INHF
· Turkey River Mounds State Preserve, Clayton County – INHF
· Otter Creek Marsh WMA, Tama County - Kent
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· General Discussion
· Next Meeting, August 11, Des Moines
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc