Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Current Fishing Report
Taking Kids Fishing
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Enjoy the outdoors with your family through these outdoor adventures at Honey Creek Resort State Park.
1. Stargazing Take advantage of the dark skies for a bit of stargazing. Guests can enjoy the night skies on their own, or take part in a staff-guided night tour on most Wednesday and Saturday nights.
2. Dutch Oven Cooking After a fun day of exploring nature, nothing is better than a warm meal. Learn how to use a Dutch oven to enhance your camping experience. Take part in Dutch Oven cooking demonstrations at 7:00 p.m. on most Thursdays in the summer.
3. Sunset Water Programs Experience the sunset of Rathbun Lake and learn how to use a stand up paddle board or kayak during evening water programs with our naturalists.
4. Chef’s Garden Visit the resort’s all-organic garden, which encourages guests to browse, garden and harvest. Bring your findings to our Lakeshore Grille so we can serve them with your meal.
5. Playground and Basketball Court Ready for some exercise? Visit Honey Creek’s playground and basketball court for more family fun. Playground equipment is made of recycled materials and the playground encourages children to use their imagination while playing.
6. Humble Heroes Help honor families of military service members at a special weekend event, Friday, July 31 and Saturday, Aug. 1. Spouses and children of fallen military heroes and disabled veterans will have an opportunity to learn how to reach their educational goals and meet financial needs through scholarships and other assistance programs. The weekend will be filled with live entertainment, an auction, a fun run, golf tournament, and numerous other fundraising events. Everyone is welcome to join!
7. Walk Our Trails The Savannah Ridge trail at Honey Creek Resort is a 3.5-mile trail winding through native prairie and woodland habitats. Enjoy interpretative signs along the way to help understand southern Iowa’s flora and fauna, or visit a wildlife viewing blind to see native birds.
To make learn more about Honey Creek’s events or to make a reservation, go to www.honeycreekresort.com