Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Polk City, Iowa – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 1 p.m., Aug. 10, at the Charles “Butch” Olofson Shooting Range, 11652 NW Nissen Drive, Polk City.
Commissioners and DNR staff will meet at 9 a.m. on Aug. 10, at the Olofson Range, for a tour of the area. The meeting and tour is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Marcus Branstad, Phyllis Reimer, Tom Prickett and Laura Hommel. The director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the Aug. 10 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Chapter 23 – Wildlife Habitat Promotion with Local Entities Program Grant Recommendations
· Chapter 18 Lease – Muscatine County – Muscatine Power and Water
· Intergovernmental Agreement – Iowa Department of Corrections – Newton Correction Facility
· Approve Minutes of July 13 Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Orientation Topic: Contested Cases
· *Chapter 23 – Wildlife Habitat Promotion with Local Entities Program Grant Recommendations
· Contract Amendment – Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
· Chapter 44, Special Events and Fireworks and Chapter 81, Fishing Regulations – Notice of Intended Action
· Contract with the City of Des Moines, Phase 2 – Easter Lake Design
· Contract with Jones County Conservation Board, Phase 3 – Central Park Lake
· Contract with Story County Conservation Board, Phase 1 – Hickory Grove Lake
· Contract Amendment 1 with Conservation Corps
· Public Land Management Project
· *Chapter 18 Lease – Muscatine County – Muscatine Power and Water
· *Intergovernmental Agreement – Iowa Department of Corrections – Newton Correction Facility
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Bluffton Fir Stand Wildlife Management Area (WMA), Winneshiek County – Dansdill
· Elm Lake WMA, Wright County – Howieson
· White Horse Access WMA, Sac County – Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation (INHF)
· West Lake, Clarke County – Aschenbrenner Trust
· Iverson Bottoms WMA, Allamakee County - INHF
· Small Construction Projects
· Construction Projects
· Ledges State Park, Boone County – Boat Ramp and Parking Lot
· Hickory Grove Lake, Story County – Watershed Best Management Practices
· Central Park Lake, Jones County – Boat Ramp, Fishing Access, Beach
· State Forest Nursery, Story County – Storage Building
· Big Spring Hatchery, Clayton County – Water Distribution
· General Discussion
· Discussion of Administrative Law Judge Cases
· Annual Report
· Next Meeting, Sept. 14, in Storm Lake
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc