Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
WINDSOR HEIGHTS –Commissioners will be asked to approve a plan to meet air quality goals, several contracts and two wastewater general permits at the Aug. 15 meeting of the Environmental Protection Commission.
Reduced lead emissions in the Council Bluffs area have improved air quality. Three years of air quality monitoring show that lead levels in the air now meet federal requirements. If commissioners approve a maintenance plan, the state can request the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency redesignate the area to attainment.
Commissioners will also be asked to approve renewal of general permits for storm water and private sewage disposal systems, extending their coverage for another five years.
The meeting begins at 10 a.m. at DNR’s Air Quality Bureau, 7900 Hickman Road in Windsor Heights. It is open to the public with public comments following the monthly reports. People may also submit written comments to the commission before the meeting. Send comments by mail or email to Jerah Sheets, Jerah.Sheets@dnr.iowa.gov.
Appointments are scheduled at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to consider referrals to the Attorney General for Joel Thys in Benton County and Aaron Rochester in Woodbury County, respectively.
The complete agenda follows:
· Oath of Office
· Approval of Minutes
· Monthly Reports
· Public Participation
· Director’s Remarks
· State Implementation Plan Revision for Lead in Council Bluffs
· Amendment to a Contract with the University of Iowa for Floodplain Mapping Updates and Maintenance
· Contract Amendment #1 to an existing contract (17ESDLQBSRALS-999) with Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. for Program Management (PM) and Community Engagement & Risk Communication (CERC) Flood Plain Mapping Services
· Contract Amendment #1 to existing contracts (17ESDLQBSRALS-0001 through 0004) with Four Pre-Qualified Companies for Flood Plain Mapping Services
· Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 64 – Renewal of Storm Water General Permits
· Notice of Intended Action – Chapter 64 – Renewal of Private Sewage Disposal System General Permit 4
· Solid Waste Environmental Management System Program’s Grant Award Criteria-Update
· Referral to the Attorney General - Joel Thys due to asbestos National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), open burning, and solid waste violations– Benton County
· Referral to the Attorney General - Mr. Aaron Rochester, owner of Siouxland P.C. and Electronic Recycling, L.L.C. d/b/a Recycletronics - Disabled Vets at Work (Recycletronics) for open dumping of Cathode Ray Tubes (CRT) and other electronic waste in violation of Iowa solid waste regulations and for failure to comply with the repayment obligations of a DNR Solid Waste Alternatives Program (SWAP) loan issued – Woodbury County
· General Discussion
· Items for Next Month’s Meeting
· Sept. 18 – EPC Education Tour – Adams County
· Sept. 19 – EPC Business Meeting – Adams County
· Oct. 17 – EPC Business Meeting – Altoona, Iowa·
The complete agenda and item briefs are available on the DNR website.
Commissioners include Chad Ingels, Randalia, chair; Ralph Lents, Menlo, vice chair; Joe Riding, Altoona, secretary; Mary Boote, Des Moines; Nancy Couser, Nevada; Howard Hill, Cambridge; Barbara Hovland, Mason City; Rebecca Guinn, Bettendorf; and Bob Sinclair, Sigourney. Chuck Gipp is the director of the DNR.