Learn to Hunt
Report Your Harvest
Quick and easy access to recreational privileges in Iowa, including hunting, fishing, and specialty licenses:
Purchase Your Licenses Online
Iowa's natural resources plates include the state bird and flower, pheasant, eagle, buck and a Brook trout. Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Experience Iowa's natural beauty and all the fun our state parks offer. Make your online reservation for state park cabins, camping sites, shelters and lodges.
Support conservation in Iowa by buying a natural resource plate for your vehicle.
Natural Resource Plates
Iowa DNR Customer Service
Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm CST
Submit Online Inquiry
Information / Records Requests
Contact Information by County
Des Moines – The Natural Resource Commission (NRC) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources will meet at 9:30 a.m., July 13, in the fourth floor conference room, Wallace State Office Building, 502 East Ninth Street, in Des Moines.
The meeting is open to the public.
Members of the NRC are Kim Francisco, Dennis Schemmel, Margo Underwood, Marcus Branstad, Phyllis Reimer, Tom Prickett and Laura Hommel. The Director of the DNR is Chuck Gipp.
Any person attending the public meeting and has special requirements such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments should contact the DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or Webmaster@dnr.iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.
The following is the agenda for the July 13 meeting.
· Approve Agenda
· Consent Agenda*
· Contract with Braun Intertec Corporation (Hickory Grove Lake)*
· Approve Minutes of 6-8-17 NRC Public Meeting
· Director’s Remarks
· NRC Review of Open Meetings Law
· Orientation Topic: Budget 101
· Adams County Conservation Board – Lake Icaria Project
· Iowa Parks Foundation – State Parks Centennial Celebration and Parks to People Initiative
· Professional Services Contract with Oceans Design Inc (Rathbun Fish Culture Research Facility)
· Contract with Copperhead Environmental Consulting
· Public Land Acquisition Projects
· Construction Projects
· Naming of the Archery Range at Volga River State Recreation Area to Avenson Archery Range
· *Contract with Braun Intertec Corporation (Hickory Grove Lake)
· Division Administrator’s Remarks
· Orientation Topics: Iowa Code, Iowa Administrative Code, Rulemaking, Contested Cases
· General Discussion
· Next Meeting, August 9, Olofson Range, 11652 NW Nissen Dr., Polk City, Iowa, at 1:00 pm.
For a complete agenda, go to www.iowadnr.gov/nrc